We don't want anyone to say I didn't hear about Open Streets... why didn't you tell me? You can help us spread the word during the final buildup to Sunday by chatting about it with your online (and offline) connections. Post to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #OpenStreets, and we'll pick someone each day as a winner of one of our limited edition Open Streets Cape Town T-shirts.
You can say anything that comes to mind - it doesn't have to be profound - but here are some suggestions to get you thinking:
- Say something about what makes a street a great place for people.
- If you have been to a previous Open Streets Day, chat about your experience, or post a photo.
- Tell your friends about some crazy thing you once did on a public street.
- Write about something you would like to see on a street, but never have.
- Voice a gripe or take a photo about what is WRONG with streets.
- Talk about one of your favourite streets in Cape Town, and why it is.
- Encourage your friends to help Open Streets go viral.
You could also include the link to the event for Open Streets on Sunday (but not compulsory to win a t-shirt): https://www.facebook.com/events/771208619613337/
If you are one of our daily t-shirt winners, we'll let you know, and you can pick it up from the Open Streets Headquarters near Riebeeck Square on the day.
Tuesday 13 Jan - @lieslvwl (Twitter)
Wednesday 14 Jan - @LianiWest (Twitter)
Thursday 15 Jan - Ishmael Khan (Facebook)
Friday 16 Jan - @AmienaDavids (Twitter)
Saturday 17 Jan - @alexisangelus (Instagram)
And keep posting with the hashtag on Sunday - we would love to see the day through your eyes.