After its initial five years cementing the foundations of an Open Streets movement in Cape Town, the organisation is growing and transitioning into an entity more deliberately focused on building communities around the use of streets and public space. We are a small team who works in a dynamic environment. With this in mind, we are looking for someone to help solidify internal systems in the role of finance and administration officer.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and implement office processes and protocols for filing and administration;
- Carry out cash disbursement and cash disbursement systems;
- Carry out banking and bookkeeping administration;
- Carry out programme and cash flow management;
- Develop and implement financial systems and record keeping;
- Carry out banking, bookkeeping administration, and auditing;
- Liaise with OSCT’s Treasurer to ensure adequate financial reporting to funders and organisational budgeting and reporting;
- Prepare financial reports for the leadership or management as and when necessary.
- Passion for building an inclusive and sustainable city
- Familiarity with Open Streets activities
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in administration, finance, business management or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in an NGO environment
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures
- Build, maintain and retain relationships
- Work well with communities and government officials alike
Contract period: 12 months
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 December 2018.