About Open Streets
A group of volunteers founded Open Streets Cape Town (OSCT) in 2012, and registered a non-profit organisation in 2013. It enjoys the full support of City of Cape Town, as well as civil society organisations and individual volunteers from across the city. OSCT has its roots in street action, as well as research, and has grown as a dynamic and organic movement of street-minded citizens.
OSCT works to challenge the paradigm of urban mobility by carrying out campaigns, temporary interventions, dialogues and walks that raise citizen awareness, spark public debate, and ultimately drive behaviour change around the role of streets in the life of the city. Our flagship programme, which launched the organisation, is a series of Open Streets Days that are spreading across Cape Town. Open Streets Days aim to help bridge the social and spatial divides of our city.
The Campaigns Organiser will be responsible for logistical and administrative support for the roll out of a series of campaigns and will work in close coordination with the Operations Manager. The campaigns organiser will report to the Managing Director.
Key areas of responsibility
- Identifying, mapping and liaising with stakeholders
- Drafting a work plan for the roll out of existing campaigns
- Developing concepts for new campaigns
- Liaising with existing and new partners
- Documenting meetings, plans and agreements
- Drafting reports and other written pieces
- Providing support with external communications
- Managing relationships with service providers
- Familiarity with the Open Streets concept
- A basic degree (Social science / Urban studies / Logistics / Events / Project management / Business Administration) or compensating relevant work experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong people skills
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Organising / event management experience
- Social media knowledge a plus
Please send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.