When: Sunday 25 August, 2013 from 13:00 to 14:30
Where: Cape Town Central Library (corner of Darling and Buitenkant St.)
Open Streets Cape Town has partnered with Name Your Hood as part of their campaign in the area. The format will be an open discussion where you will have an opportunity to contribute your ideas, questions and concerns to improve Buitenkant St.
The walk will be structured around the following issues:
- How is public transport transforming this neighborhood?
- Can parking be managed differently to maximise open spaces in the area?
- How can residents contribute to the improvement of their neighborhood (Name your Hood campaign)
- How do we ensure naming a street or a neighborhood is an inclusive process?
- Does Buitenkant St have the components needed for an Open Streets day?
As we compile the findings of these walks, we will build a better understanding of the challenges faced in different parts of the city. Our aim is to disseminate this information widely, to create greater awareness of how streets can better serve residents and businesses, and to encourage the participation of all who use our streets.
So please join us in an exercise of active learning and an exchange of knowledge and feel free to distribute this widely. If you, or others you know, can't make this event but would like to stay informed of future events and news, please let us know and we will add you to our mailing list.
There is a 20 guest limit; please register to ensure your spot.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org @OpenstreetsCT on twitter or +27722146736 for further information
Open Streets is a citizen-led initiative working to actively change the ways streets are used, perceived and experienced. www.openstreets.co.za