By embracing the concept of Open Streets, we can all create shared spaces that embody respect, and help bridge the social and spatial divides of our city.
We believe streets should:
- Enable safer and more cohesive communities
- Provide platforms for creative expression of local cultures and values
- Be places for recreation and social interaction
- Contribute to job creation and local economic activity
- Provide choice in how we move around the city
Friends of Open Streets support these principles, and will lobby to change the way people use, perceive and experience streets.
View our charter, a practical expression of this manifesto.