By embracing the concept of Open Streets, we can all create shared spaces that embody respect, and help bridge the social and spatial divides of our city.
We believe streets should:
- Enable safer and more cohesive communities
- Provide platforms for creative expression of local cultures and values
- Be places for recreation and social interaction
- Contribute to job creation and local economic activity
- Provide choice in how we move around the city
Friends of Open Streets support these principles, and will lobby to change the way people use, perceive and experience streets.