By embracing the concept of Open Streets, all of us can create shared places that embody respect for all and help bridge the social and spatial divides of our city.
We believe that streets should:
- enable safer and more cohesive communities
- provide platforms for creative expression of local cultures and values
- be places for recreation and social interaction
- contribute to job creation and local economic activity
- provide choice in how we move around the city
Friends of Open Streets support these principles, and will lobby actively to change the way streets are used, perceived and experienced.